Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

modules suddenly not displaying as normal

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

on eeburdon.branchoutwebsites.com I have the content nicely laid out using zen tools.

Then suddenly all the modules look totally different.

Eg on the about page the photo is now huge, hot round and the boxed styling looks all wrong.

On the Books page the photos are not round (they were before) and there are no longer 2 columns. Strange bullets have appeared.

On the news & blog page there were 3 columns. now they've gone. This was a demo module from the quickstart package that I've not changed in any way.

Is there anything I have done that has somehow suddenly stopped Zentools2 from working properly?
  • jonburdon
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 860 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Do you have the css loading for the zentools2 modules in the theme tab?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Do you mean under Handling CSS there should be an option selected? It's currently disabled.

I just created another zentools module with similar display options from fresh to see if I could replicate the problem and published it. Suddenly all the other modules on the site that had lost their view have all gone back to the way they looked before ?!

When I unpublished the new module, everything goes wrong again, and then when I republish it then everything is fine again. Is this to do with it loading css that affects the site globally?
  • jonburdon
  • 860 posts
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by jonburdon.
I'd leave the module loading master css rather than disabled

If no module loads the zentools2 css it won't display correctly

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
That seems to have worked - each of the modules that weren't correct started working again when I turned on Master CSS. I think they all had the default settings from the quickstart package.

I've just connected this site to www.elizabetheburdon.com now and the slideshow module on the landing page has stopped working. It still works fine on eeburdon.branchoutwebsites.com any ideas why? I think there's something I'm not getting here.
  • jonburdon
  • 860 posts
Not exactly sure what module you are referring to but

www.elizabetheburdon.com/index.php

slideshow is working for me
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I do notice you need to change the text limit on

www.elizabetheburdon.com/index.php/questions
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers