Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

module parameter override

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I need to display related articles underneath of each of my articles. I cannot set up a separate module for each of the +1000 articles, hence I need to override the source dynamically. I learned somewhere that modules can handle parameter overrides when called in an article like {loadposition sidebar1 param1|param2}. Is that the case with zentools too?
  • ubunti
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 371 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I don't know on this I'll need to check in the morning with the developers

I think it is much more complicated than this but I will check

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
What did the devs say?

I would need to override the value of a seblod field depending on the article id the zentools gallery is displayed with..
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by ubunti.
Hi,

The Joomla loadposition plugin cannot handle parameters, only the module style (module chrome).

docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F

You could create a template override for the layout file you are using, but you would need to manually add the code to get the items you want to show and work them into the output (Basically ignoring and replacing any content that the module sends to the view).

It might be easier to look for a specific related content plugin rather than using a module.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thanks. Could you please explain the plugin approach a bit more detailed.
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers