Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Load More articles

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi
I am using Zentools2 in list layout with side image and limited text and read more for a 'blog' layout. I have some areas with over 50 articles and would love to limit the articles to 10 with a LOAD MORE ARTICLES button/link at bottom. Is this possible. Otherwise within a year or so there'll be over a hundred articles trying to load on one page..... Is this possible?
cheers J

attached screen grab of layout used.

ScreenShot2016-03-14at2.23.58pm.png
  • Jezza Price
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

At the moment this isn't possible in the module - I will ask the developers to confirm and see if they have any thoughts

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Please do! Happy to contribute. This is a must in my opinion.
PS: If i only show 10 articles, is there a way to show the rest/hidden items?
  • Jezza Price
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 4 posts
I will ask but at the moment I don't this its possible

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
We were asked for something similar from a client a while back. In my opinion the logic does not work within zentools. Anyway the customer wanted it.

Our solution was to create a button in a separate custom html module that linked to a regular joomla blog page - displayed under a hidden menu id. This was displayed under the zentools module in the same position. It was styled to look like part of zt.

In our case we created a blog template override to customise the styling and layout however it will work without. The blog layout and pagination can then be controlled via core joomla.

I hope that gives you a work around solution to try.
Regards Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
Thanks Ian, really appreciate the feedback. Your suggestion is beyond my ability but will find some local help. Pity Zentools can't do this as so many other article modules have a load more option. PS: i really do love this extension.
  • Jezza Price
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 4 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Jezza Price.
You're welcome.

For a bit of steer, the blog is a standard menu option in Joomla. The module is again a standard module from Joomla core, just create a button and attach a link to the blog menu. JB have zencode to do this real easy.

The standard Joomla blog page will usually get the styling from the template, the case of Joomlabamboo templates this would reflect the styling from zentools, you would not need to add anything it should work out of the box.

The JB are very helpful and responsive, so may be able to help you through the setup and give you some links to tutorials etc.

I hope that has not confused you too much.

Ian
  • iafdesign
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh
Thanks Ian,

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers