Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Using filters with sub categories

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
I have a blog that has 6 main categories. Within those cats, 3 of them have sub-cats. I am trying to use the filter option with buttons to display the articles along with providing a logical way of sorting/ searching for them. This is what I am running into:

1) The categories will not differentiate between parent and sub cat. What I would like is to show the parent cats on the buttons, then when selecting the parent you are given a page with the articles of that cat along with buttons for the sub-cats.

-- Site Example: "Others" & "Customers" are sub-cats of "Stakeholders"

2) When I do select an article, it is not showing full page but in 1st position of a 3 column layout

Am I missing something here or going about it the wrong way?

Thanks in advance for your help in seeing clearly.

sharonrizzo.com/brand-rep
  • Douglas Rost
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 152 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Well some I have figured out and the other I just did a work around. The issue with the articles being shown in a column was from the template selection of the category so that works. As for the sub-cats, I built a page showing all of the cats a little more graphically, then when you click on them it takes you to a page that then uses zen-tools2 for displaying the articles and sub-cats in a tab.
sharonrizzo.com/brand-reputation

I guess it works, but I would still like to know if zen-tools can show cats and sub-cats on its own. Thanks.
  • Douglas Rost
  • 152 posts
Hi Douglas,

Thats a good way to approach the usage of filter categories but it's not possible to do that at the moment.

Ive added it to the list and will reevaluate when we add some new features.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers