Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Slideshow & text issue Boost & Zentools2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've been asked to bring an old Joomla 1.5 site up to date with J3. This involves a complete rewrite (using the Boost template) to add more images. I have used the old Zentools frequently, but I am trying to build something similar to the frontpage slideshow on the Boost demo site, i.e. a left hand slide show with right hand text using Zentools 2, and I cannot get it to work.
I have three images in a folder, and if I select Images as the source then I get a nice little slideshow (but no text of course).
I have an article with the text I need plus three images, and if I select Joomla as the source and then select the article, I get the text with the images stacked.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure that I'm missing something obvious but I can't see it.
  • BrianB
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Do you have the module content in two columns?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
columns.jpg

like this

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the quick response. Yes, two columns.

This is the front page when the content selected is an article with intro text (Hansel and Gretel), full text (Tread the Boards latest production. December 2015) & two pictures.

screenshot1.jpg

Brian
  • BrianB
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
  • 1 Thanks
And the layout is:
layout.jpg

Brian
  • BrianB
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Brian,

Do you have a link for the site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Yes, it is just testing out concepts at the moment so it is a real scratch site that I'm running on one of my own domains. You will find it at brikat.me.uk/joom3/.

Brian
  • BrianB
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Looks like the image is being used in the full text as the two images and the intro text is Hansel and Gretel

Column1 is showing in the source code but is empty

What content are you expecting to show in column1 - is it one of these two images?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

What I'm looking for is both images in column 1 as a slideshow (there may be 5 images eventually) with the text in column 2. Looking at the source it seems that the div for col1 is closed empty and everything is being loaded in the col2 div.
I have tried using two content items, one holding just three images and the other the text, but that doesn't work. If I just load the images from their folder, then the slideshow is fine, but then of course I haven't got the text. I have also tried creating a category for the images and text but that fails as well.
I'm in no great hurry to sort this; I'd planned to start on the work after Christmas, but as I had a bit of free time I began early. I think that I have a PlanB if I can't get it working, that is to set the slide show in, say, grid 1 and the text alongside in grid4. How was the slideshow on the Boost demo done?

Regards,Brian
  • BrianB
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
  • 1 Thanks
drag_drop_screenshot.jpg

this is what I added
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
slideshow-tag.jpg

I added the img tag to the list
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Which gives

slideshow-finished.jpg
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I should mention both images are in the intro section

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look again at it. I've tried out PlanB which works OK, but I would like to get the original idea working. I might not get a chance to try it out this side of Christmas, but when I do I'll get back and report.

Happy Christmas,
Brian
  • BrianB
  • 12 Month basic
  • 12 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Brian,

With adding more than one image you will need to add the img to the permitted tag list - the module is set up by default to show the one images rather than multiple images

Using the image in the drag and drop section won't work for this reason hence using the intro text and adding the img to the its permitted tags

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
And Happy Christmas to you from me and the team :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers