Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Reading images from a cloud source

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have two clients who want to use cloud sources to replace or augment images on their websites. Given the auth and API issues involved with that kind of linkage, is such a capability a possibility in ZT2, even a remote one? For example, the weekly ad in the middle of this dev microsite is one example (and the simplest) of one of these sites. The other site will want to use instagram, which I would love to be able to run in a no-gap grid.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by blueshift.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'm not sure on this so will check with anthony and get back to you

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hmm I had thought this was possible but I just tried and it's not.
How would you add the images? Via the intro text or insert them as item images? Or using the gallery source?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
For ease of use, we need a way for the client to upload (and replace) an image without needing to log into anything new. They would have dropbox or google drive, personally, i have found flickr to be quite useful - I experienced that with another JB component from the previous ZenGrid environment.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
So it would just be a gallery of images not linking to actual page content?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It will be a single image, and though it doesn't have to, this being a microsite the ideal would be that the one image goes to a landing page of the parent company (perhaps via A-link or something). Other than that, I can add a text link or button in a div below the ad.

(edit: the forum keeps logging me out.)
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by blueshift.
For ease of use, we need a way for the client to upload (and replace) an image without needing to log into anything new. They would have dropbox or google drive, personally, i have found flickr to be quite useful - I experienced that with another JB component from the previous ZenGrid environment

So how do they get the images in the content? Just via the wyswiwyg editor?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers