Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools 2 Slideshow with Gallery, Tilte/Intro text CSS layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I am wondering if you can direct me to customize CSS styling for Slideshow backstretch with Gallery as source.
I would like to have text style similar to your LifeStyle 2 template:

Large Title, smaller intro text, and More Button with transparent background and white border.

Then How I can remove background currently shown with text and have it transparent?
How I can control positon of text block (Title/Intro), I don't want it right behind navigation arrows, need more up and clear background?

How I can control position of Thumbnail gallery, to align to right side? It seems off right side, so I would like align to right side?
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

What template are you using with zentools2?

How fair have you got with customising? - do you have a link for the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I am using with Gazeta, started from scratch. I tried to change some parameters in Zentools2 module, but it doesn't seems affect anything

Here is a link:
places.redlinia.com
I have ZT2 gallery in Banner position and would like styling Title, Intro text and More Button.
I don't mind do manual but need some direction where to find CSS
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

With your membership we as such don't provide customisation support but we do try our best to help

Also your membership is limited to 1 domain so please consider upgrading

Regarding your styling - to get you started

#banner .backstretch-wrapper .backstretch-title .zt-block {font-size:28px;}

#banner .backstretch-wrapper .backstretch-title .zt-text-intro {font-size:14px;}

for title and text respectively

and

#banner .backstretch-wrapper .backstretch-title li.active {background: rgba(0,0,0,0)

to remove the background - the last value is currently 0.7 changing that to 0 makes it completely transparent

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Oh, ok, got it, sorry,
Thank you, thought subdomain counts as one domain. Will consider to upgrade soon, as Ill need to rebranding as well, just need to figure out which ones work best for me. Thank you for support Paul!

P.S. I tried change for example settings in ZT2 Theme-> Overlay Style (Opacity to 0 and Background Color to another) , it didn't affect anything though?

Also, I tried to insert some html tags to Intro text, for example <p> to have few line of the text, and it doesn't have any effects as well, despite in Zentools settings for Tittle/Intro text "Strip tags" is unchecked and list allowed tags has P in it.

Is that functionality working?
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
ah ok if they stay as sub domains then you the 1 limit applies for does the domain so you are ok

rebranding isn't required any more either

Are you saving the styling as either a master or a custom css file using the module?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I tried save as custom.css.
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Can I just check you changed the css handling option and then clicked the "create custom css" button?

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I did. Ill try with another module though, as I got this going with custom styling, thank you for tips, was able got other elements.
Question though, changes in custom css will apply for all other pages as well, not just specific instance, right? Can I link specific custom styles with pages(s) or Template?
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
With the custom css it depends :)

The zentools2 module if using custom.css it targets the module id so its unique and doesn't affect any other module instance of zentools2

If you mean custom.css template css file wise - again it depends on the class or id targetted

Each page has a several classes added to the html tag and one of these can be used to just target individual pages for example

.itemid-101

This the home page - its more complicated if adding styles to specific template styles

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you Paul! Sorry for some delay in reply, I got good idea where and how to work with default style and make some customization. Features looks good and flexible enough for any website!
Curious though, I tried add backgrounds images to some rows targeting by id, for example #logowrap or #grid4wrap, but it didn't show up, only can control background color.
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

The syntax isn't correct for the css

#grid4wrap {background: url("places.redlinia.com/images/background/topBck.png")!important;}

for example does work

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I tried syntax mentioned, but doesn't seems to work either. Ill try to play with different images, may be something with that.
  • Eugene
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Right it did work for me in the browser once I removed the invalid css in that line

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers