Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools2 v1.1 Beta

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Folks,

Ive just finished the manual link option in Zentools2 and while there are more things to add to the next release (v1.1) I thought I would drop this version here for you.

I haven't written the docs for this yet so:

- Manual link option is available for all content sources except for Gallery and Joomla banners as they are essentially manual links anyway.
- K2 author now basically has the option to use the author url for the link. No manual link option for this source.
- Joomla content can now use the Joomla item alternate link a or manual links.

1. For the other sources to choose the manual link go the content tab in the module admin and select manual links.

2. In textbox that appears type a link per line. eg click enter after each link you write.

3. There is an option to fallback to the item link if no link exists for this item. So if you enable this and only add one link then the first item will get the manual link and all others will get whatever the default link was.

Manual links wont work if you have a random or regularly changing content.

The links apply to the items in which order they appear on the page. So your first link int he list will apply to the first item in the module and so forth.

Thanks
Attachments:
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve, porwig
Thanks Anthony

I have updated and external links now work
One problem;
I have a site with a zentools carousel and links open in a new browser window, perfect.
Zentools2 however open in the same browser window, any way to get the link to open in a new window as zentools does?

Thanks
Billy
  • BillyK
  • 12 Month basic
  • 208 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi Billy,

I'll check with Anthony this evening and get back to you on this

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Billy,

I've added open in new window option for link type in v1.1.0.

docs.joomlabamboo.com/changelogs/zentools2-changelog

Thanks!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers