Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

thumnail generation for article images

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Is there a way for thumnail generation for article images with zentools? I used this plugin extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/photos-a-images/images/bk-multithumb on all my 2.5 sites and tried it now again but that does not work with template overrides and bootstrap 3.
What I like in this plugin are two main functions. the leading image can direct to the full article and you can automatically generate small sized (in file size) thums for images with a certain css class and get a light box on that thumb.
  • ubunti
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 371 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

To do this properly you would need a plugin or html overrides for your template.

When you say the plugin doesnt work does it function on a default template or is it that it's not J3 compatible.

You have given me the idea to add this to the framework overrides perhaps. Seems like it would be a good addition.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The bk-multithumb has two issues. It conflicts with the BS modal class and it somehow messes up the template override for the article. But I did not investigate further since it doesnt work with BS anyway. It works on any template that does not use BS.

"add this to the framework overrides"
would be highly appreciated if it would make it into responsive2 as well
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by ubunti.
Ok thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers