Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zentools v2 expanding-preview layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I downloaded Zentools v2 and I get how to do a carousel, accordion, etc. but when I tried to do the expanding preview layout, I don't get where the text comes from. I tried doing Joomla category as the content source then putting photos and text in the articles assigned to the Joomla category, but that doesn't work. It is probably something simple, but I need a little more guidance than I found in the documentation.
  • Joe Boylan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard :)

I think there is some confusion around how we have named the content sources. A few folks have mistaken Joomla categories for Joomla as a content source referencing categories.

I'm not sure if you read this page:
zentools2.joomlabamboo.com/content-sources/joomla-categories

But it shows where the content comes from.

Using Joomla categories you are referencing the category itself. eg works, services, about

To reference items you need to select Joomla and then categories in the content tab. There you can select the content from your categories. Not the categories themselves.
Hope this clears it up.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: porwig
Ah-ha! Ok, I now can separate out Joomla categories and Joomla content in a category in my brain. How about the height of the content box. Can I make that scale to how much content I have? And can the width be less than the full width of the module?
Thanks so much!
  • Joe Boylan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
After playing with it for a while, I have been able to style the box to my liking. If I include an "image" or "video" in my expanding-preview layout, I still cannot figure out where these come from. Can you point me in the right direction?
  • Joe Boylan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Hi Joe,

Using Joomla as a content source its the image in the images and links section for the article.

joomladirect.com/joomla-tutorials/item/how-to-use-article-images-in-joomla-2-5

Thats for J2.5 but it explains where it comes from. Let me know if thats what you mean?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yes, I get that but maybe an example will help. I set up the expanding layout so that the image is on the left and the text is on the right. I tried both "image" and "full text image". If you look at the attachment, the image shows in the grid, but not in the expanded layout. What I am trying to achieve is a picture/video on the left and the text on the right. What am I missing?
Also, we use Wistia to host videos. Can I put the embed code somewhere so it shows up in the expanded preview?
P.S. Overall this extension is awesome, I am just struggling on how to get the content displayed properly.

demo can be seen at www.springs-homes-for-sale.com/
imagemissing.JPG

layout.JPG
  • Joe Boylan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
I was able to embed the wistia code, but it displays on both sides of my content. How do I set it so that it displays the video code on the left and the regular article text on the right without repeating the video? The "image" still does not display even though I know it is there because I can click on it.
videoembed.JPG
  • Joe Boylan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 9 posts
Hi Joe,

1. Can you try updating to v1.04 to see if that fixes the issue?

2. You need to enable the strip tag option for the introtext and then remove the video, object or iframe code from the allowed tags option - eg they wont show up.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers