Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

SOLVED: SQL error on front end page after changing order settings

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I created a ZT2 module with Grid layout and Joomla Categories as the content source. Initially it displayed fine with 3 Joomla categories that I had previously created.

Then I created a new Joomla category, and added that to the categories for the ZT2 module. I also tried some different settings for the ordering. After I saved it, I started getting a SQL error message on the front end web page whenever I tried to display more than one category.

This is the SQL error message:
1221 - Incorrect usage of UNION and ORDER BY SQL=SELECT * FROM vi94k_categories WHERE 1 = 0 ORDER BY lft ASC UNION ( SELECT * FROM vi94k_categories WHERE published = 1 AND id = 23 LIMIT 0, 12) UNION ( SELECT * FROM vi94k_categories WHERE published = 1 AND id = 65 LIMIT 0, 12) LIMIT 12

Here is the front end page. Right now that ZT2 module is set to display 2 previously created categories:
nearmiddlefar.com/galleries-zt2.html

My thought is the problem may have something to do with the ordering settings, since during testing I noticed I am able to get one Joomla category to display on the front end page. The problem only started happening after I changed ordering settings and tried to display more than one category (which would require some ordering logic). The module is currently set to order by Ordering, but I tried all the different order options and I still see a SQL error on the front end page.

Please let me know if you have questions, want to see my settings for that ZT2 module, or something else.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by porwig.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can you open a ticket so we can take a look

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: porwig
Thank you Paul, I have created a ticket.
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Thanks

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This issue is solved in verson 1.0.4 of Zentools2.

Thanks Paul and Anthony for your help and support!
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Thanks for the update :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers