Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Showing dates on lists of tagged items

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

In any given article displayed on the front end, clicking on a tag results in a display of articles having that tag: the "list of tagged items".

However, on our site, the date of each article doesn't appear.

In Global Configuration > Tags > Tagged Items, I set the "Show Date" parameter to "Created". But the lists of tagged items still don't show article dates.

A consultant has advised me that this is due to "the template's default display php files," and is not adjustable in template parameters.

Do you concur that Responsive2 somehow suppresses article dates in a list of tagged items? If so, how do I remedy this?

Jim
  • glow
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 195 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jim,

Nobody has asked this question before so I looked.

Do you get the date with protostar? - at the moment, I can't get it to work in whatever template I try

I don't see it displaying the date when I switch the template to protostar with whichever option I chose for the tags - e.g. published, modified or created

Do you see the date if you switch to a default Joomla template? - there are template overrides but I can't see any difference between the responsive2 and protostar templates display

If they display in Protostar for you what layout and settings are you using?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Good catch, Paul. The dates do *not* display in other templates. So this is not unique to Responsive2.

I posted the issue on a joomla.org forum. I learned that dates appear only if one uses the "compact" layout. This is set via Global Configuration > Tags > Tagged Items, setting Default Tagged Items Layout = Compact layout.

Unfortunately, that layout is more abbreviated than we like. So now we're researching a template override that would cause the dates to appear on the default layout.

Jim
  • glow
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 195 posts
Thanks Jim

for the update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers