Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

tutorial for Zen Tools 2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I will try the quickstart..but have been having some success with all of your screen shots so want to continue. It is just the styling that is difficult now.

whatiwant.jpg

Thank you Paulus for all of your help with this…I have used your screen shots to create the major part of the layout (see attached jpg) However, I am unable to produce the style that I want (see attached jpg)

With the description below from your demo of the attached image of the style that I want, I do not understand what they mean when they say "ensure that the image is the first tag in template layout"
In my module, here is no style applied to the images and under "Select a Theme", Boxed is selected. My example is here: oasiswebdevelopment.com/staple/
Please see attached jpg and thank you. Elizabeth

"Boxed
A simple two column grid that has the boxed style applied to it. For optimum results using this theme you need to ensure that the image is the first tag in the template layout and that the image does not have an image style applied to it."
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Elizabeth,

With the 5 columns you can't get the images bigger if it's just the margin you want to change I'll explain in a couple of screenshots how you can adjust it
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
In the theme tab change the handling css section to custom css

custom.png
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Try adjusting the Grid gutter in the item style from 3% to something smaller - in this case I tried 1%

one-percent.png
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
create-custom-css.png

Then click the create custom css button and then save the module
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
which gives me

grid-custom-css.png
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the example you included of the two images - can I just check where that is from?

Do you have the url for the page?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paulus. I am on a MAC... so are there instructions anywhere for loading a quickstart package on MAMP? I have done it with other templates that are not quickstart packages.

thanks elizabeth
  • Elizabeth Wallace
  • 12 Month basic
  • 404 posts
Hi Elizbeth,

It should be the same process as if you are installing the standalone joomla download.

I'm a PC user so I'm a little vague but it should be the same process - extracting the quickstart to a folder where the websites are stored on the mamp server

e.g. on a pc its the htdocs folder

I'll check with Anthony when he is online as he is mac user

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers