Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Setting up Accordion

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Greetings - first of all apologies for what is most likely a stupid question so apologies in advance.

For the life of me I cannot comprehend how I get content into an accordion. I went to the demo page and see the tag used for the accordion - {loadposition accordion} in my case - I checked the documentation but did not find what I need to do for setting up the accordion and populating it, searched the forum and did not find the needed info either.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the documentation for an idiot or if it is a simple thing, please advise. I've spent a lot of time so this is not a frivolous post.

Thanks in advance.
Ron
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Ron,

Do you have the structure of the menu set up?

The link that acts as the toggle needs to be a separator link type
Then the articles are children of that link

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Greetings Paul and thanks for the response.

I am not wanting to list articles in the accordion - I want to use them for FAQs with a title, or topic, and content as a response - don't want that as an article from the menu; rather, as independent items on a page.

To give a visual, here is a Joomla site that I've done a while back - this is a link to the page showing what I need to accomplish: www.babaji.net/index.php/teachings/quotes

I appreciate you taking the time to assist me with this - I'll know better how to proceed by using this accordion or the component I'm using on the site mentioned above. Another consideration for me is the others that will assist in this project - which will be simpler for them.

All the best and thank you once more Paul,
Ron
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Ron,

ah ok - a zentools accordion

In the general settings
1. you need select the accordion layout type
2. Link behaviour - none
3. Layout - title and text

In the content settings
1. Joomla content source - either chose the category/categories or the individual articles

In title and text options
Select the character limits

Accordion settings
as Required

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Well Paul, you have now been "upgraded" to Prince Paul

Thanks much for this assistance. This (support) is one of the reasons JoomlaBamboo is top of the list.

All of the best
Ron
  • Yaron Modzelevich
  • 12 Month basic
  • 70 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Ron,

No problem :)

Good luck with the project

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers