Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

ecolife borders

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Bamboo,

How can I change the dashed borders to either grooved or a pic file that draws the border?

I looked at the less files - lots of changes ( I did a test changing some of the dashed borders to grooved ones but the compilation hung after I added the changed code to custom.less in the less directory - could be that I added it wrong: all I did was paste the code I wanted changed and changed dash to groove).

Also lots of changes to css files.

Any ideas?

Also, what's this gap between grid wraps? See pic

Gap.jpg

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Jonathanne.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jonathan,

Is it the area marked by the rectangle?
My eyes aren't the best - perhaps add a bigger pic?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul,

The area I' referring to is the white gap between the tow wrap areas. But, it seems to be a padding area that is needed when the background is a grunge style pic as apposed to a "plain" texture one.

The rectangle was put there to draw one's eye yo the white area.

Sorry for my unclarity.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hi

If you change the

.blue-grunge .area-inner {padding-top: 60px;} does that reduce the area?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul,

I used .area-wrap.blue-texture { margin-top: 60px; } and put the 60 to 0. I can make the white go away but I was interested in the "why" to see if I have to change each gap that shows up. Looks like I do.

Still interested in my first request: changing the dashed border lines to something else without changing each one I encounter, which can be a lot.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hi Jonathan

If you add

.zen-spotlight {
border-bottom: 0;
}

Does that get rid of the bulk of the styling?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Not really. But still needs to be used on the path to change all dashed lines.

Probably need to change them as I use them.

Another issue: I can't get, under menu assignment in the zgf4 framework backend, menu assignment/toggle selection to work. Two different machines (windows 7 and 8.1) and two different templates (ecolife and venture). I can select the menu items and select or deslect individually. The buttons don't work.

Is there something I need to set? They used to work but I forget under what release.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hi Jonathan,

Do you have the latest template versions installed?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul,

Using ecolife 1.3.0 which contains the latest version of zgf4. All other modules and plugins are up to date as well. As is Joomla - 3.4.0.

I work to keep all software up to date, keeping, at least, the previous version available in case the new version has issues.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hi Jonathan,

Have you re-saved since updating?
the template updates to take need to have a save/re-compile after update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul,

I have three templates that make up my site: one for the front page, one for my profile page and one for all other pages (mine and joomla's).

I work on the front page as my main template and have, after updates, made several changes that caused a "compiling less to css" message and the template has been saved message. I save all templates after I make changes or it's done automatically.

I don't see a run less compiler button (except the "compile and save theme" button, which I used but don't remember if it was right after the update) but that happens when I make several different types of changes.

Is this in reference to "changing the dashed line" request? I take it that there is no less code that covers all dashed lines so it would be "easy" to make a change to less code in the custom.less file and compile. I tried that approach by finding the code in less files and pasting it in the custom.less file and then compiling but process hung. I'm probably not doing it right. More study on my part.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hi Jonathan,

Sorry I wasn't very precise - when you save it also compiles Less to css if its applicable - this was in regard to buttons

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers