Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Unable to save custom script. Causing template to revert to default settings

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi!

First of all: I am extremely happy about your Venture template. This is simple the best template I have ever tried, which are quite a lot.

However, I have one issue that I can't figure out a solution. In the template admin, I am unable to save "custom scripts" such as Google Analytics. Every time I insert a javascript (with starting and ending script tags), the template is displaying an error message, and reverting the template settings to default.

Therefore I have to manually edit all the settings in the template from scratch (takes only a few minutes of course), but my question is: What is causing this error?

By the way, I had some problems with jquery conflicts, but installed the Jquery Easy plugin which solved the issue. Dont know if this has something to do with this new issue?

Do you have any advice on how I can figure this out, so that I can use the custom scripts function?
  • Ove Heradstveit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Are you using the latest version of the template?

What does the error say?

Are you adding with the script tags?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi!

1. I believe I am using the latest version of the template. I use Venture version: 1.3.3
2. The error message (actually a long row of the same sentence over and over again) says something like "Stored settings corrupt. Reverting to default settings. Please check your settings."
3. I have merely tried to enter the raw code snipped from Google Analytics into the box titled "Before closing head tag (Add Google Analytics here)". The code is en exact copy of the once generated from Google Analytics, and which obviously is working normally.

Do you have any idea why the template doesn't want to save the code, or what I should try?
  • Ove Heradstveit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
Are you able to paste the exact error text?

The template saves prior to adding the analytics without any issue?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi
Try to paste the code without script tags. It can be saved like this but I don't know if it works :-)

rgds Tomek
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
I don't think that will work

If you could post the error that would be useful

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi!

I am not quite sure why, but now it actually was possible to save the javascript in the custom js section, and it was no error message. :)

Obviously the javascript is working properly this way, as I see from the Google Analytics admin that the Live Traffic is recorded as normal.

I tried to add the script without the scripts-tags first, than it was saved, but the script was not read as a javascript, and the text was merely displayed as plain text in the head at the frontend. No big surprise so far. But I observed that the script was now somewhat more compact (that is: it had no line breaks) in the custom script window. Now I added the script tags before and after the script - and it was saved without any error message.

As mentioned, I am not sure what made the difference, but maybe the javascript must not have breaked lines in order to function?

Anyway, the problem is now solved! So thank you very much for your support!
  • Ove Heradstveit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
I think it would depend where the line breaks are

But glad the problem is sorted

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers