Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Add search position to navbar like rasa2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi I would like to add a search position to the navwrap and have it look and behave exactly like it is in the rasa2 template. I tried adding the search position, editing the menu.php file in the tpl folder and adding the search div, as well as adding the css from the rasa2 templates css to my custom.css. It almost works but wont position on the same line as the menu, and the search input is appearing slightly.

What i am trying to do is replicate exactlywhat the search looks like in the rasa2 template for focus 2

what do you think the steps I should take are?

Please let me know, I tried all different types of ways

thanks in advance
  • Michael Dimino
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I also think i didnt add the position correctly maybe, I just added it to the templates xml file and added the div to the menu.php. Somehow I think there must be more to it

can you please let me know the proper way to add a position to the focus2 template too?
  • Michael Dimino
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 11 posts
Hi Michael,

You should just be able to add it in the code like this:
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="newmodule" style="zendefault" />

To have it show up in the template admin it's more complicated but that should get your module appearing on the page.

Getting it to appear in the module position drop down list is as simple as adding to the templateDetails.xml/.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers