Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Single background for whole page

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,
I wondered how I can get a single background for the entire page on the Focus2 template. It's the first time I've used a Bamboo template.

I've changed our site to this template, and need to replicate as much as possible the look and feel of the original site.

I don't want it just for individual rows or grids, but for the entire site - one single image.

Customising the css seems to be the most likely solution, but I don't want to do this if there's a template-based function for setting a single background image.

Thank you ahead of time :)
  • Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi There,

Can I check you are not planning to use the slideshow in the background?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi, no, not planning on a slideshow - just a single static image
  • Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 4 posts
Hi

You could try using the slideshow in the effects tab and chose a folder with just the one image in it

Having disabled all the slideshow options

This would work on normal content the one page setup it wouldn't

Are you using the one page layout?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No, not using one page setup. I've played around with the slideshow with just 1 image in it, but I'd prefer not to have it refreshing. Just want it static.

It appears the main background is a single repeated image. I'll check the css and see if I can add it into the primary 'layer'.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers
  • Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 4 posts
Hi Lesley,
Could you post a link so we can see what you have now?
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Here's the link, but please be aware that it's our development directory, so things are a bit fluid while I get the template and modules set up again, having changed the template. We're developing this site to replace the one at waterstop.com.au as we've just built an online shop in the development site. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see the original dev site as that's now overwritten by the new template.

www.waterstop.com.au/new_site

Also, I found that by replacing the pixel.png image with an alternative, I can set a single background. However, I don't want to use a png as that makes the file size too large, I'd rather use a jpg, but I can't seem to get the style.less file to point to an alternative image file which makes me think the image I'm using is still repeating etc which I don't want.
  • Lesley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 4 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Lesley.
Hi

png wise have you tried a service / site like

tinypng.com/

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers