Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

calendar/event-management and e-commerce Focus2 compatibe extensions

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Paul,
a question that has not been asked before in the Focus2 forum:

I would like to add (a) event management/calendar and (b) e-commerce functionality to the Focus2 template.

What Focus2 'paid-for' compatible extensions would you recommend?

I hope this answer would be useful to others too.

Many thanks,
Dorin.
  • Dorin Picu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 18 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Dorin,

Referring to "paid for" is this extensions generally or referring to the extensions listed above?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
Clarification...I am seeking a recommendation for extensions that provide the (a) and (b) functionality mentioned above and for which I am prepared to pay for (in return for functionality, reliability and support) as opposed to seeking 'free' versions.

I thank you,
Dorin
  • Dorin Picu
  • 18 posts
Hi Dorin

We have used JEvents for a number of years and found it is stable, well developed and supported.
www.jevents.net

They offer the basic event package free, then club membership for add-on functionality. It provides full event management and provides e-commerce in relation to events in several levels. The demo and example page - www.jeventsdemo.net/ - should give you a feel of the extent of the package. If you need to extend the online selling process further it links and works with Hikashop and Virtuamart, a case would be if you needed to offer multi ticketing.

JEvents is a flexible and complex application, so can take a while to setup the first time. There is good documentation and responsive forum support though. The advantage is you can make it perform exactly as you wish, from display of events to data entry for users.

Hope you find something that suits your needs.
Regards
Ian
  • iafdesign
  • 393 posts
  • 153 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: manh, Dorin Picu
Thanks Ian :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers