Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Secondary main menu not showing up on mobile

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
I have a site that in addition to the main menu in the menu position, there are additional menus put into the menu position depending on the category. Example, when from the main menu you select HVAC> Mitsubishi, you are sent to a main Mitsubishi page that then has an additional menu structure put into the menu position. When this is being viewed on a mobile device, only the main menu is showing up off canvas. How can I get the second menu to show up?

compassheatingandair.com
  • Douglas Rost
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 152 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Without editing php files you could try adding the menu to off canvas position and with a media query only display the off canvas on a certain width

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
HI Paul,
I already have the menu position set to the off canvas position.... are you saying to put the missing menu in another position other than "menu" that is set to off canvas?

I did go through the options on "collapsed menu behavior" and the only one that allows the second menu to show up is the "select menu" option, only it looks very unappealing on mobile as it is very small.
  • Douglas Rost
  • 152 posts
Try putting an extra module in the off canvas position with a class to only show module at certain width

docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/responsive/responsive-module-classes

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul,
I think that's the route I have to go. I put one in the compassheatingandair.com/hvac-equipment/amana page and in mobile it will work fine. I have the module class set at hidden-desktop yet it is still appearing... are you seeing that as well?
  • Douglas Rost
  • 152 posts
Hi

You would need to add a media query to hide the toggle and for the module add a space before the class name hidden-desktop

If you need help with this - I can point you in the right direction media query wise

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
Yeah, I did have a space... took it out... (shook it all about) nothing happened either way.
Direction pointing would be appreciated...
  • Douglas Rost
  • 152 posts
Have you removed the trigger?

I was going to try a media query but can't see the off canvas trigger icon at the moment
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers