Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Layout glitch with Disqus, CComments & others

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

Rasa2 is great. The only hiccup I noticed is some layout glitch when using comment extensions. See: feller.systems/blog/wordpress/cachify-vs-w3-total-cache-vs-no-caching/
No matter what plugin is used to embed disqus, I checked out a few, this happens all the time.This also occurs when using CComments.

BTW, Komento is ok, see: feller.systems/blog/seo/seolingo-analyse-tool-test-erfahrungen/ there's a slight delay but then the module positions below the comments are pushed away.

I checked this out with the Quickstart package and CComments free too, same issue there.

Any ideas?
TIA
T
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Tina.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

I'll check with the team on this and get back to you

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

great. Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers
Tina
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
Hi Tina,

The issue is that the comments load after the script that matches the height of the main column and sidebar.

If you paste the attached code into the custom code area of the template settings, it will check to see when disqus has loaded and then resize the columns again.

docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/settings/custom-scripts

You can add it to the 'before closing body tag' area.

Regards,

Rob
Attachments:
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks
Thanks Rob,

I tried your fix on feller.systems/blog/wordpress/cachify-vs-w3-total-cache-vs-no-caching/ . Unfortunately now I'm unable to scroll down to the bottom of the site. Scrolling works only down to the end of the comments section.

Another thing: If I want to use CComments, they have a "<div id="ccomment-content-114" class="ccomment row-fluid"></div> with the changing article ids. How to use this fix with CComments?

Tia
Tina
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
Hi Tina,
Could you create a ticket with ftp details so I can get a better fix for you? Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Done.
Cheers
Tina
  • Tina
  • 12 Month basic
  • 27 posts
Thanks

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers