Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

How do I drop this module position?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to drop just the main content block on the row in the attached picture. On desktop/tablet view I want it to behave as it currently does, however I want to drop it on mobile. The problem is that at present I can't seem to find anyway of dropping it without removing the two sidebars as well?

Thanks

DropMainContent.jpg
  • AdamHutchin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Its a bit unusual to drop the main content - is this on any particular page or is it site wide?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi thanks for the quick reply.

I know what you mean but its what the client wants!

Anyway, it's slightly confusing because the module I'm trying to drop is actually set in the "abovecontent" position. If I go into the module, I can see the position is set to above content, if I set the status to unpublished I can see that the correct module disappears from the front page.

However, if I go to the template layout manager, then set the "abovecontent" module position to drop on mobile, it doesn't. the correct module only drops if I set the "main" row in the attached picture to drop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • AdamHutchin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Try adding this to the module advanced tab as the module suffix / class

hidden-desktop

Rather than hide the content area

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry to be clear I'm referring to the abovecontent position and you wanted to hide the phone rather than desktop so that is instead

hidden-phones

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
That's great, thanks!

The hidden-phones suffix almost resolves it. The problem is that it doesn't quite work on phones with wider browsers, or any phones which are turned landscape rather than portrait.

Any suggestions?
  • AdamHutchin
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Hi

You could write a media query for the module position which is larger than the value set in the

Responsive tab > Breakpoints

or increase the breakpoint value for phones
What value do you have currrently?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers