Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Why modules are not publishing to article linked to a hidden menu item?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Friends,

I have created an article in a hidden menu that is where visitors are taken after submitting a form. And I have tried to publish a number of modules to that article, but none of them show up on the front end.

I have tried publishing the modules on other menu items, and they work fine. Any settings I am missing here? Is there something somewhere that says you can't publish modules to certain pages, regardless of what kind of menu it is, public, hidden, etc?

Thanks
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

It should work - its just a standard link

Could be a few things - menu assignment type, any url management extension installed? (shf404 etc), template style not having the sidebar position available, an error of some type in the console

Try setting the module title to show if you haven't already

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No luck, I've tried publishing to different module positions, no. It will not publish on the article as long as it is in the hidden menu. If I put it in the main menu, it publishes...

Go figure.

Also, I'm trying to get my input text area colors to not be the fff of the background. I managed to find input, textarea and set that to #eee, but on hover it reverts to #fff, and I'd like to add a border on hover.

Thanks
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
What is the link for the page link re the hidden menu?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding the other question - do you have a link for that page also?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
www.ecobuildnetwork.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60

I'm currently wrestling with the form extension, which is wonky when published in the article. It's also published as a module in the belowcontent position on this page, but is clearly not publishing. The link is in the hidden menu. And the form module is not publishing on it.

And for some reason, on the input fields went to a shadow box (?), I don't mind it. I managed to add a border to the other input fff on hover, so it can go to fff but has a border on it so that's ok for now.

Really, the main issue is that modules are not publishing to the links in the hidden menu.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

link wise -

Have you tried adding the category as well as the individual links for the content?

So you can see if the right links are set up

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Not sure what you mean here. Where do I set the category? I am now having trouble publishing modules to main menu items. Something buggy here?
www.ecobuildnetwork.org/component/content/article?id=59

Supposed to have banner, grid1 and sidebar modules published to it. I also tried to have grid17, 18, 19 as well, but gave up and just put my paypal buttons into a table. Don't really like using tables, since they get buggy.
  • swellking
  • 12 Month basic
  • 420 posts
  • 1 Thanks
If you go to extensions tab > extension manager > database

Does that show any issues?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers