Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Template & Zen code cheat sheets?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Apologies if this is a noob quesiton...

I'm wondering inf there is any cumulative cheat sheet for codes, styles, etc. that are a part of the Rasa2 template and Zen? The template documentation doesn't get very granular, nor does the demo website, so I spend a lot of time searching to find the available style, design, and formatting options.

This is my first work with J3, Zen, or JBamboo templates, so I'm having a steep uphill learning curve! lol

Thanks for any replies!
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

No problem

When you say codes? what are you looking for - we have the zen shortcode plugin - this handles icons and offer layout capabilities in articles - is that what you are interested in finding out about?

Styles meaning module styles? or template styles/layout?

Do you have an specific examples in reference to your own rasa2 site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hey again Paul!

I was meaning a combination of things actually. Basically some listing of all available codes that can be used to modify template, module, and article elements.

For example the demo website lists typography styles of "Basic", "Colours & Blocks" and "Numbers". Yet I can't find the codes for something like the default RASA2 "readmore" element. When I drop in the standard readmore element in the article editor, it defaults to a simple 'read more...' text link.

Through my poking around the various areas of docs I remember seeing snippets like [zen-btn...] etc. but for the life of me I can't find a listing of optional codes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the JCE Editor doesn't actually display the style in the 'style' box, simply a list of style names, so I can't cheat that way!

This is my first time using a JBamboo template and I'm not certain if there is a handy location for all optional design elements that can be used? Or do I simply need to remember the various locations across the template doc page, demo site page, and Zen sites?
  • Steve Pritchard
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 97 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Steve Pritchard.
Hi

The first port of call would be the demo site and viewing the styling

bambootheme.com/showcase/nov14/template-features/module-overview/typography

then the doc page for the template

docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/rasa/1_index.html

For icons and a few other layout options I'd look at

docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/theme/Using-shortcodes.html

I tend to use the right click on the demo site to remind myself of the correct tags

When you say readmore I'm not quite sure what you are referring to - are you looking at a zentools read more?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers