Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Could you recommend an alternative to Hika Shop?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Using Hika Shop (the upgraded Essentials Product), I have set up some products with options. I have encountered a problem that I have communicated to them concerning a deficiency (problem being that the options of a product cannot be changed once they are in the cart or the order is duplicated). If there is a solution, I don't think it will be a quick fix. Is there another product out there that you would recommend?
  • davidhnilsen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 52 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi David,

I've not used Hikashop in a live site so it's interesting to see where it's limitations are.

Rasa2 doesn't have specific styling for other shops however I have heard good things about Mijoshop. Might be worth asking the developers there to see if that component can do that.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks for the tip...we will put them at the top of our list.
  • davidhnilsen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 52 posts
Good luck with the project

I know Hikashop sent an email today highlighting updates made in march

www.hikashop.com/support/support/documentation/56-hikashop-changelog.html

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
thanks for the link...
Unfortunately they said that the fix would require customization of the "cart" file of the "checkout" view and that is not something they can do at this time.(Hika Forum Topic: Adding Price to Characteristic)
I also see a more fundamental problem .... the options are listed in the same hierarchy as the product itself....making it difficult to see what options belong to what product.
Thanks again,
crn for dhn
  • davidhnilsen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 52 posts
ah sorry to hear that

Thanks for keeping us posted

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers