Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Rasa2: Sidebar?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I'm working on the migration from an old Rasa to Rasa2 in J3.3 and am having all sorts of things to fix....
Old website: 516arts.org
Update in progress: 516arts.org/516artsNEW/UPGRADE3

My problem:
I need a left sidebar that is consistent throughout the website.
In the old one, I had a left sidebar using the "left" module position, which no longer seems to exist. I have tried using Sidebar2, but if I use this position, it does not show up when I select "Hide main content on front page" in the Template manager. If I use any of the other left modules (Grid1, etc.), they end up above or below the Main Content in the articles rather than beside it.

I've tried different module positions, and the only solution that I can see is to have two different modules, one for the front page using Grid1 and one for the interior pages using Sidebar2. Since my clients regularly update the sidebar with messages about the gallery, this will be annoying to them to have to change it twice instead of just once.

Here are the Rasa2 module positions:
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-template/rasa/2_module-positions.html

Is there perhaps another solution that I am missing?

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Melody,

The only difference here between Rasa2 and Rasa is the module position naming. So left and right became sidebar1 and sidebar2.

I just checked the code of the original Rasa and if you hide main content there then left and right are also hidden.

The demo uses modules published to abovecontent for the slideshow and grid of items and disables the option to hide the main content.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks, Anthony.

You're right - "Hide main content" is indeed set to No on the old template. But when I do that on the new one, all of my articles (or a lot of them) seem to now show up on the front page (I just toggled it). I'm guessing that I'm missing a setting somewhere, but I just can't figure it out.

best,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Okay - it's the Featured Articles designated by the Home menu - I'll just have to discover how to turn them off. Just took a while for me to figure it out.

Thanks,
Melody
  • AllegroMelody
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 534 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Melody,

Its should be the same as J1.5 and J2.5 - go to the default menu item and set the articles displayed to 0.

Cheers
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllegroMelody

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers