Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Tweaking Xero for PageSpeed

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've converted my site from RocketTheme to Xero and am very pleased with the resulting look & speed increase.

There are a couple of things that PageSpeed is still complaining about that I haven't found a way to address - any ideas on how to resolve them?

1)
The following cacheable resources have a short freshness lifetime. Specify an expiration at least one week in the future for the following resources:

jpsoft.com/templates/xero/css/theme.beach.php (1 hour)

2)
The following resources are missing a cache validator. Resources that do not specify a cache validator cannot be refreshed efficiently. Specify a Last-Modified or ETag header to enable cache validation for the following resources:

jpsoft.com/templates/xero/css/theme.beach.php

3)
Resources with a "?" in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL for the following resources:

jpsoft.com/templates/xero/zengrid/libs/zengrid/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.2.0
  • Rex Conn
  • 12 Month basic
  • 6 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Have you checked out this doc?

docs.joomlabamboo.com/zen-grid-framework-4/advanced/htaccess

Please take a copy of your htaccess file as not all server environments are the same

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul:

Yes, I had already incorporated everything from that .htaccess file into mine. The three items above weren't affected by the .htaccess changes.

Rex
  • Rex Conn
  • 12 Month basic
  • 6 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Rex,

In that case I'll need to check with the developers on the three you list

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers