Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Logo next to menu icon in mobile view

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I would like to see the logo, search button, ... next to the menu icon in the mobile view. Currently this is showing below the menu icon.
How can I change this.
Thanks.
Dirk
  • Dirk
  • 12 Month basic
  • 31 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Dirk,

I will check on Monday with the developers but don't think is particularly straight forward to do

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Here is an idea that might help for Dirk's question/request:

Create two modules for search and two for logo. Assign each of the modules to different positions (might have to create some new positions). Then use the ZGF4 settings for hide/show at different breakpoints, so that only the intended modules display at the intended widths.

I haven't tested this idea, but it seems like it might be a possibility.
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by porwig.
Thanks for input:)

That could work but I think it will be a bit more complicated with need to move code blocks around

I will ask either Rob or Anthony and get back to you

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes that makes sense, thanks Paul. :-) I know if there's a practical way to solve Dirk's question/request, you and the rest of the JB team will deliver it.

I am following this thread with interest, and looking forward to learning more about ZGF4 in the process.
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Hey everyone!

@porwig yes that might work but as Paul says I think it would involve a bit of work to rearrange things.

@all one of the reasons why this is locked in at the moment is that most folks logos and site titles need the full width of the screen on small screens.

I'm thinking at the moment that we may need to just abstract the whole responsive behaviour so that users can specify what content is there. So perhaps create new position - layout file - called mobile-toolbar and allow the user to determine the content and layout for the toolbar.

I'll have a think about this but in the meantime I think you would have to really either edit the layout files or add some css to force it into position.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: porwig
Anthony,
Even tough I added the module to the menu position it is not showing up next to the menu icon but below.
Did I miss something? Is it possible to show something inline with the menu icon?
Thanks.
Dirk
  • Dirk
  • 12 Month basic
  • 31 posts
+1 for this idea. I hope it can be added to ZGF4 in the near future!
I'm thinking at the moment that we may need to just abstract the whole responsive behaviour so that users can specify what content is there. So perhaps create new position - layout file - called mobile-toolbar and allow the user to determine the content and layout for the toolbar.
  • porwig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 143 posts
  • 4 Thanks
Hi Dirk,
Sorry for the confusion - no that's not possible without some custom css. At this stage we could do this in a custom support block or you could add the custom.css yourself.
Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers