Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

A little thing to improve : usage of H2 tag

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,
I'm tuning a Xero template for the first time and it's just...perfect !
But I think perhaps there is a little thing to improve.

In the Logo module and un the Xero quickstart banner there is a heading 2 style used then a H2 tag generated in the markup.
While there is no H1 tag before this H2 tag, don't you think it could be better to use a class style like .h2-like on a <p> of <span> instead of a real H2 tag ?

Just to respect HTML hierarchy on headings I mean.

What you think ?

Note that of course I did corect myself and created a .h2-like class in my custom.less file.
I just asking for this because I think lots of JB templates users will almost not notify and correct it, that why I suggest to it in the quickstart archive.

Sincerely

Brunus.

...and once again : what a wonderfull job you did guys !
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Brunus,

Not quite I'm following 100% - are you suggesting using a p tag for the logo in the quickstart file?

With inbuilt styling for the p tag in the template css/less code?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
Yes thats it.
IMHO it's better to use a styled <p> tag than a H2.
If you test Xero Quickstart with the firefox web quality testing plugin Opquast it will yell because of a broken hierarchy : a H2 without H1 before it.
It's just a detail but it's a possible prob for accessibility and SEO optimisation.
Same for the banners in Xero quickstart, there is a H2 without H1 before.

Usualy to avoid this I use css classes to reproduce H1 to H5 styles. Classes I call H1-like, H2-like etc.

Sincerely.
Bruno.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the feedback I'll pass this on

I'd personally just go with a p tag and use the logo divs to target it - making it a more specific p tag

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers