Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

How does the setup work?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am not getting how to save my changes in the template. After hitting the green save button in the upper left corner all my changes are gone. The drop down is back to "sample/[example]-all-positions", the Widths are back to "all_positions" and "Before closing head tag (Add Google Analytics here)" is empty again. I tried " Compile Less Load Saved Settings" and " Please save your changes " but that didnt do anything. Is there a tutorial how to save custom settings?
  • ubunti
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 371 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I am slowly but certainly getting really angry now... Is this template production ready? It tries to load http://localhost/kiwiseb/templates/xero/css/theme..css which obviously never will work.
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by ubunti.
I cant even read the messages because they are either blocked by the input fields or disappear after 0.5 seconds....
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
What am I supposed to do with that information:

Template Manager: Edit Style
Stored settings corrupt. Reverting to default settings. Please check your settings.

Stored settings corrupt. Reverting to default settings. Please check your settings.

Style Name *

Details
Menus assignment

This happens when using the green save button. What is the red save button for? Does that do anything or can I always use the green one?
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Even the fresh installed default Xero template gives:

Warning

JFile: :read: Unable to open file: C:\Users\...\xampp\htdocs\kiwiseb/templates/xero/settings/styles/theme.flat.json
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Hmm I havent seen that issue in testing. Is the first lot of results with the quickstart?

In the fresh install please go to the theme panel and press save. That will fix that issue.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ive updated the download to v1.0.1 which fixes that front end error when first installed.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I installed the new version but what exactly should have changed? I still get the same errors, I still cannot save any customisations, there are still a red and a green save button that might do something but nothing I would be aware of except from saying the something was saved but when I look at the setup everything is back to default and all my entries are deleted.
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Hi,

Whats the setup you are using? We have tested across all sorts of servers and local pc and osx setups. What browser are you using?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I installed the template on my Windows 7 XAMPP into the already working site that currently uses the NEW LIFESTYLE template. PHP 5.4.19.
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Ok - we have just tested again and it's workign fine here.
Could you attach your template here so I can test it on the same environment?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Actually hold off for a moment - Ive been able to replicate the issue.
Please bear with us.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ive just uploaded v1.0.1 that fixes the issue for me here.

Are you able to confirm?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I just downloaded 101 a few hours ago and that did not help, neither does the one now. As soon as I put my own script tags in every customisation is lost and that massive message mentioned above gets displayed behind the input fields.
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Ok thanks. That's a different issue. What script tags are you adding?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I am not allowed to post a script tag. But it looks something like that:
script src="templates/xero/js/jquery.cookie.js" script
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Ok thanks for spotting that. the check we had for " was not working. Can you try the latest there now?

That will fix that issue.

Thanks for your patience.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I still only see the 1.0.1 version ...
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts
Please use that one. I haven't incremented the version yet.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
ah ok, but this one still does not store the select "style-preset" and "layout_preset", and the script tags get screwed up - the double quotes are transformed to single quotes which produces invalid HTML, there are still two save buttons and I dont know which does what
  • ubunti
  • 371 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers