Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Responsive versions on tablet and iphone not working well. please help!

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

:unsure:
Hi there,

I'm almost done programming the website for my client. But today they told me they weren't so happy with the responsiveness on ipad and iphone.

The website is on a development server at www.ltqhmorg.m2i3.net

On Desktop all is fine, but as soon as the screen gets smaller, we loose the slider (and we should see it on every support)

Also, I noticed some grid layout items to disappear from one responsive layout to another (large vs small i.e.) ?
Is it possible to add grid 3 and 4 back to the template layout for small devices?

I'm pretty newbie to this so would need detailed info on what to do to make it right.

Thank you very much for your amazing support. I've tried reading on the forum but can't find the precise answers for I'm needing now :)
  • Guillaume Beauchamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi There,

Looking at the slider module its in the banner position which is hidden

hidden-xs

@media (max-width: 786px)
.hidden-xs {
display: none !important;
}

You can check this via the responsive layout section for more information about this please check out this article

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-resize-position-widths-in-t3-templates
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With the other parts of your question

Grid3 and grid4 I can see as they are set to show - can you not see them on mobile?

I think with the article it show cover your question

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul, where would i go to unhide the banner position for xsmall devices? :) Can i add a code to my custom.css that would overwrite? Thanks!
  • Guillaume Beauchamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
Hi

The article explains it in depth

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-resize-position-widths-in-t3-templates

You need to change the setting in the responsive layout in the template setting layout tab

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks! :) still some adjustments to be done, but I got it! :)) This thred can be closed! Thanks Paul! :)
  • Guillaume Beauchamp
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
No problem - you are welcome

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers