Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Basic install problem with Newstream2

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there

I have just been setting up a Joomla site and I had wanted to use the Newstream2 template for it. I have set up a clean install of Joomla 3.4.0 (no sample data), then installed Newstream2 and the required plugins.

All looks good initially but something is going wrong - I tried creating a module to contain the logo and assigned it to the Logo position, yet it does not show. Equally the Main Menu, which is very simple with just two items in it, does not show.

The template is assigned as default for all pages. It seems to be working as I can edit the copyright and turn the JoomlaBamboo logo on and off. However all I see is the word "Home" in large type at the top of the screen - no sign of the logo or menu anywhere.

I have looked at an install of the QuickStart package of Newstream2 but I can't see what I have done wrong - I seem to have the same plugins installed, and the logo in the quick start is done via a Custom HTML module published in the Logo position which is exactly what I have done.

The Apache error logs contain no errors and no clues. The site is at www.jamesfreeman.co

Please can you help me with this - I can't get too far if I can't get the fundamental stuff like the logo and main menu to appear. Apologies if I have missed something really simple - I just can't see what it is.

Many thanks,

James
  • James Freeman
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi James,

Its hard to troubleshoot these issues without seeing the site - can you create a ticket so we can see the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul - have created a ticket as requested. James
  • James Freeman
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 5 posts
Yep just replied

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers