Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Where is the normal Joomla content?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

Working on implementing the Presto template I added a few menu options to the main menu next to " Home" and leading to single articles, but they don't appear in the menu in the front-end.

Looking at the quickstart, which I use as a reference while working on a new Presto implementation, I noticed there is a menu option "Normal content" in there which does appear in the menu in the front-end, next to "Home", but when clicking on it the single article that is attached to it doesn't appear.

So, how do I publish "normal Joomla content" using Presto?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

In the gallery tab of the presto template have you selected to use the Joomla content?

This enables it to load articles and menu items

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Presto_NormalContent_1.jpg

Presto_NormalContent_2.jpg

Hi Paul,

I am sorry, but I don't understand this.

I checked the Galleries tab of the template and I can't find such an option (see screenshot no 1 attached).

I looked in the other tabs and in the Settings tab I have found an option to switch between "Use as Gallery" and "Use as standard Joomla Template" (see screenshot no 2 attached), but when I chose the latter option over there, then I lose the galleries on the homepage and still the other main menu items are not shown
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by cannedit.
Sorry yes that must have been the flu I've been trying to shake off - you are correct (settings is the correct tab)

What position is the menu published to in module manager?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Ok, thanks for the hint: it was not assigned a Presto position; I have now given it the topmenu1 position, but then the menu options show, but the pages attached to them not, so I created a duplicate of the template, turned that into "Use as standard Joomla Template" and then it worked.

But now I have two times "Home" on the screen: the one that came with the galleries and the one that came with the main menu and they are underneath each other; so I guess I had to use another position for the main menu, the one of the already existing home, but what position is that?

Thank you in advance for your help and hopefully you will get this flu under control soon
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
Do you have a link for the site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Presto_Double_Menu_Double_Home.jpg

Hi Paul,

Yes, but I am sorry, it generates 404 errors for the "normal content" now, which I have to fix first, but actually the same situation is in the quickstart (see the screenshot attached).

You can see that there are two menus and that the "Home" is doubled in this way. I would like to add the menu option "Normal Content" rather to the menu of the gallery, so next to the already existing "Home" than have it in another menu, which generates another "Home".

But where can I find this gallery menu with the "Home"? Is it hidden somewhere?
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by cannedit.
I think perhaps it would be best if you open a ticket for the site

And we can have a look

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I solved it by changing the name of the second "Home" into "Galleries" in the tab "Settings" of the template. But since I still wasn't satisfied with the fact that I seemed to have two menu bars, I switched to the off-canvas menu appearance, which looks nicer in my opinion.

Thanks for thinking along.
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
So all solved?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yep!
  • cannedit
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 12 posts
Cheers :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers