Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

One Page menu target position

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I'd like to implement the one page template for Lifestyle 2, but have made my logo wrap section 140px in height instead of 70px to accommodate a larger logo. Unfortunately now my menu link targets are not aligned correctly, and the title are scrolled up too far due to the 70 extra pixels. You can see exactly what's happening by going to your demo site and changing the height of #logowrap to 140px in developer tools. Attached image shows the target cutting off half of the title.

How would I go about adjusting the target links?

Thanks in advance.
Leslie
Attachments:
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Leslie Fournier.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
OK, I see it's in tpls/blocks/scripts.php line 90 - offset: -200, so I just need to create a template override and change the value to -270.

Would that be it?
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
Hi

I was looking at the same file :)

I think you would need to add this to the core template file - a duplicated layout file (created automatically in the local folder when a layout is copied) doesn't include the scripts file

I can't see a way of doing this a different way I'm afraid

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul, Would I copy the scripts file to the template html folder as html/tpls/blocks/script.php?

..or I can edit the core file but worry about upgrades... although how often are the templates upgraded? ..and usually there would be a list of changes, or I can just check and edit again if needed I guess. If there's no way to make an override file.
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
There is something else going on also... When starting from "Home" and clicking on another link... the scroll setting seem to start from another position, as the offset needs to be -360 to position correctly... but when starting from another position (like grid4), clicking on another menu target works correctly at -270. Not sure if the way I explained it makes sense.
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
You would need to edit the core file for this - This template doesn't have an imminent update planned
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Do you have a link for your site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
barndogcreative.com

It's currently set to offset: -270. So when you start at "Home" (the top) and click a menu link, -270 isn't enough, but when you're at another location and click a menu link, it's perfect.
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
Yikes... switching to the one page template messed up everything. None of my article links work now.
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
Hi

With the one page template it's controlled by modules and the links in the one-page section of the template

It won't display a menu with article links in it
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I mean the module sections... like my portfolio. When I click on a portfolio item or a team member very strange things happen... I remember having to make hidden menu items for the links to work.. but it just seems so convoluted.
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
If a link doesn't exist on the Joomla system and a module loads the content odd things will happen

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-avoid-the-joomla-menu-itemid-issue

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I have made of hidden menu items, and all articles were showing correctly, then I switched to the Onepage template. Guess I need to start over. Obviously I'm missing something major... :-(
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
Hi

Is the issue that the content area isn't showing?

Are you expecting the one page menu to show on all pages?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
There are too many issues to pinpoint one now... I'm restoring the site and will work on the dev site. It would be nice to have the same menu links, and have them work, and have the module links to the articles work again. I just got lost somewhere along the way so I have to start over and retrace my steps. There's not a whole lot of documentation.

Separate but related question... do you recommend any good hosting sites for Joomla that have staging? So I can really get in there without blowing things up but have my changes uploaded automatically?

So when I start over I want to change to the one page template and have everything work the way it is now (just restored) barndogcreative.com
but with the menu. Perhaps the onepager isn't supposed to have any other pages but I like the smooth scrolling. Maybe I can accomplish that another way?
  • Leslie Fournier
  • 12 Month basic
  • 23 posts
Hi

One page templates are best working within the one page - a page built of modules

The two menu types are different - one is driven by modules and the other by article links

At the moment with the restored site I see a standard menu e.g. linking to article

My apologies if I'm stating the obvious :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers