Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Lifestyle2 Sub theme not showing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello

I am using a default theme to set up the site with a main block and a sidebar1.
Site works fine and all pages show correctly.
Set up a sub theme where only the main block shows and remove the sidebar to appear on 2 pages only. Assign the menu to those two pages only and remove those 2 pages from the menu assignment on the default theme.
The sub theme pages don't show the items in the sidebar, however there is a blank area where the sidebar should be (see www.dev.aa.org.nz/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=3&Itemid=743 ) I have created a similar theme and sub theme on another site and that works perfectly.
Using Firebug I can see that sidebar1 is still being loaded, just without content. This is not happening on the other site.
I have checked all the settings and cannot see what is happening here.
Can you help.
Thanks

Mike
  • nzgsoweb
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 16 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Mike,
I think that issue is caused by some malformed html in the module causing the error so that the sidebar is showing within the main column.

There are some other errors which I think are caused by the Jumi component that you can see in the link below.

validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dev.aa.org.nz%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_jumi%26view%3Dapplication%26fileid%3D3%26Itemid%3D743
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

Unfortunately this is legacy code that I am trying to work around, and I was aware of these errors - however, exactly the same code is running on dev.aamembers.org.nz and that is working as it should - see dev.aamembers.org.nz/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=4&Itemid=122

The issue seems to be that the sub theme is not being picked up on the aa site. As I stated earlier, I have set up the main theme and sub theme on the same lines as the members site. Attached screenshot shows the layout settings and menu settings - I have changed the page to a standard joomla article to avoid any messy code and the same thing is happening.
Menu item is assigned to subtheme, checked both in joomla menu and theme assignment.
On the members site there is no sidebar in the code - on aa there is and I can't figure out why, hence my request for help.
Thanks

Mike
Attachments:
  • nzgsoweb
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 16 posts
Hi,
Thanks for the clarification.
I'm still not 100% sure I follow though.
In your screenshot you show the main layout for the main area as just having the main block. If there is no sidebar added here then it will not show.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding the issue - it's been a long year :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

What I was meaning about the sidebar showing in the code was was when viewing the resulting screen in the browser via Firebug or Google Developer Tools there was definitely a <div id="sidebar1".. .
However the good news is I have managed to resolve my problem.
I deleted the sub themes I had built until there was only the base Lifestyle2 theme showing, then reassigned all menu and module items back to that theme, made sure everything was as it should be, then rebuilt the sub theme and assigned menus and modules etc
For some reason this worked the second time around, so thank you for your efforts here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Mike
  • nzgsoweb
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 16 posts
Cool thanks for the update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
and Happy Christmas and a great New Year from me and the team :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers