Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Tools Slideshow

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi

I am trying to build joomla 3 slideshow to replicate a joomla 1.5 site. 1.5 site was built on JB Woodflower template with JB Slideshow mod_slideshow3 - new site is using zentools slideshow and Lifestyle2 Theme. What I am trying to replicate can be seen here www.aa.org.nz and you can see how far I have got here www.dev.aa.org.nz.
I have been working in ever decreasing circles but I just don't understand what I need to do to achieve this, if indeed it can be done in the new framework.
I thought I could use one slideshow with 2 column layout, however nothing I tried worked. What I have on the new site is 2 slideshows feeding from the same directory.
Are you able to provide some help in this?
Many thanks

Mike
  • nzgsoweb
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 16 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by nzgsoweb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Mike,

Woodflower is a blast from the past :)

That layout is on my list of todos but at this stage it's not possible with Zentools or Zentools2. I hope to release an update that allows for that within the next month but it probably doesn't help you now. Sorry

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

Thanks for your reply.

I have made some progress and figured a way to use two slideshows in 2 grid areas to achieve my end goal.

The issues I'm having now are on the image resizing in responsive mode.

I'm using images the same height but one width at 66% and the other 33%. I have the desired look showing on a 22" monitor, (see www.dev.aa.org.nz ) and on a samsung note3 smartphone, however when re sizing the screen the image heights change independently.

There seems to be an issue with "between" screen sizing - I have tried all of the image setting combinations however it seems that somewhere the css must be setting each container height in relation to it's width. I would like the images to stay aligned horizontally and crop width in need.

Additionally I cannot figure how to remove the extra area between the bottom of the slideshow shadowbox and the top of the breadcrumbs.
Your help would be appreciated.
  • nzgsoweb
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 16 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by manh.
Regarding the extra space

#gradient .moduletable.mikeslideshow {margin-bottom:0;}
.mikeslideshow .slideshow.slideshowoverlayFrame {margin-bottom:0;}
#gradient #grid10 .moduletable {margin-bottom:0;}

Try adding these lines
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers