Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

[Tutorial request] Stacked layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I would like to know exactly how to achieve the Stacked Layout (as seen on Lifestyle2 template homepage). I find the documentation (at least the one I have seen) a tad cryptic... héhé!

Thanks for directing me to any tutorials you may already know of, or describing to me, step by step, the process of creating that,
  • shannsu
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 56 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

On this page:
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/lifestyle2-documentation

Go to the extensions tab and see the first set of images.

They are the settings used for the Zentools module using the stacked layout.

So you need to set your 9instance of the zentools module to use those settings. Publish the module to grid1 and ensure that your content items have images.

Please let us know if you need more detail.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony, that link is very useful but I don't seem to be able to find a solution to my issue.

When I click on the title to an article from the stacked module on the home page in your demonstration version it opens the article as I would expect.
But when I click on an article on my version it opens the article in the same page and puts it below the stacked module. I have gone through the parameters for the module and I am fairly sure they are the same as yours. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks Ann
  • Ann
  • 12 Month basic
  • 47 posts
Hi Ann,

That is the menuid issue

You need to have a menu link on the site system pointing to the content - it can be a category link or individual articles

The menu doesn't need to be published

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ann
for more technical information on the issue and solution check out this article

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ann

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers