Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Menu Not Showing?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Sorry that I am not an expert at Joomla. I am trying out the LifeStyle2 template, and cannot get the menu to appear at the top. I can create a menu module, and position it next to the logo position in top4, but it doesn't really fit there; likewise in the Sidebar 1 position. I see the MegaMenu configuration within the template but do I have to purchase one? Any pointers appreciated.

This simple problem has me concerned that I may not be able to create a website similar to the demo.
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Do you have a menu published to set up for the mega menu in the navigation tab?

The mega menu is published to the menu position

The top4 module is it published in the layout tab?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For publishing and managing module sizes on the T3 template

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/how-to-resize-position-widths-in-t3-templates
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I've discovered that the menu can appear on the home page, but for some reason I am unable to get the menu and the main content to show at the same time.

My options are either-or. The "all-positions" allows for the menu, but not for the main. The "home" allows for the main, but not for the menu. All the numeric selectors are set for "1" for "default", "home", "sub-page" and "all-positions".
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
Ah, I figured it out. Somehow the menu position became a "main" position within the layout. The trick was to click into the small top-right setup icon.
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
You can also hide the front page layout if required so that hides the content / component area

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul. After trying the menu alignment from "Center" to "Left" I can't seem to get the alignment back to "Center". I've cleared the cache, unpublished and republished the menu module, etc. The template configuration shows "Center" but the rendered behavior stays at "Left".
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
Ah, I got it. Again it was within the module position layout. I just had to select number option "1" instead of "2" for the "menu" position which allows more real estate.
  • David Long
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 20 posts
Thanks for the update :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers