Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Lifestyle2 Main Menu edit issue Chrome/Firefox

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello
I have been battling for 3 days with the complex lifestyle2, now trying to find and edit the menu that comes with the quickstart package: and that explains where the grids are to be found.
HOME GRID1 GRID2 GRID3 MAIN
GRID5 BOTTOM
(the hyperlinks read ../#home-link ../#grid1-link etc.

With the same page i have an issue on Firefox (see screen shot attached) , on Chrome the same menu looks tidy, on two lines and set on the left.

I have noticed another issue on Firefox, (see second snapshot) that offsets the "SlideShow for subpages" module in banner position on the right...!

I have upgraded to joomla 3.3.3. this afternoon. and also uploaded a plg_system_t3-2.3-jb-menu-fix....

Thanks in advance for your help!

S
Attachments:
  • ogunte
  • 12 Month basic
  • 52 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
in the meantime, my two line menu has mysteriously disappeared, and i don't know how, or what i did to make it go. Not sure it was a zentool in a menu.

When i click on the verytop menu, i retrieve my main menu line.
I clcik on home and there i fall into a blank space, where the two line menu used to be..

:-(
  • ogunte
  • 12 Month basic
  • 52 posts
Have a link for the site?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry, that was ont he other thread. www.ogunte.com/testjuly
(and now, out of the blue the offcanvas opens on the left!!!!)

I have sometimes the impression that the templates manager and layout have a life on their own. I see myself repositioning when i was sure i had saved and passed on to another template (frontpage / all positions/ Subpages..)

Thanks for your support.
  • ogunte
  • 12 Month basic
  • 52 posts
Have you changed the setting from which side the off canvas appears?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi, i found the explanation about the off-canvas position actually in Base3 documentation (very useful, should be added to lifestly2 docs as well!) but i can guarantee you, i had never ventured in the "add-on" tab, in the template admin side...so I still think something is happening with this.
In the meantime, still battling with frontpage menu being totally offset on the right on Firefox, and the Search icon floating in the middle of the page. Seems to be ok in Chrome at the moment.
ogunte.com/testjuly
Thanks!
  • ogunte
  • 12 Month basic
  • 52 posts
You have an empty link in the menu - have you tried removing that and adjusting the link padding?

The firefox browser looks like there is a slight variance with the font sizing which causes items to drop

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul. This menu is actually coming from the template manager -/ general tab/ One page setting/ it sets a link to a location on the page, for instance #banner-link (which i don't need), "what we do" (which is the #grid1-link ) . I have a zentoolgrid in second position on grid 1 which id'like it to point to, but i can't do this, because there are no mutliple option for grid 1.
Additionally, i don't need to link to #main, because on the front page i have nothing in main. And tha tleaves a sort of blank space.
How can i
1- link to the locations on the frontpage (even they are all on grid 1 for instance)
2- how can i cancel the space created by an empty link (i suppose this is the link paddig you mention earlier).

In firefox, is there a code i can add in custome css to adjust the variance due to th font sizing? it doesn't look like it's a slight one, the search icon is offset to the half of the page ont he following line! :-(
www.ogunte.com/testjuly
Thanks a lot!
Servane
  • ogunte
  • 12 Month basic
  • 52 posts
With the one page is the name filed of the that row completely blank?

With them being on the same row I don't think that is possible as it negates the open page concept a bit but looking at the home page currently they are on different rows e.g. grid1wrap, grid3wrap etc

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Worked further on the issue chrome/Firefox
When the verytopmenu is on top4 position there is no problem. span 6 for logo span 6 for very top menu
The minute i put a custom html module on top 4 instead of the very topmenu it "increases its height" in a way, that it creates an offset of the navigation bar below.

i have reduced the size of the font, to create the tagline, but it's far too small.
The banner module on grid 1 just underneath is damaged because of this.

There is no problem in chrome, but it does happen in Firefox. www.ogunte.com/testjuly

Many thanks
  • ogunte
  • 12 Month basic
  • 52 posts
What exactly are you looking for help with?
Are the issues all on firefox?

With the h4 if you take away the margin and then increase the font size does that solve one of the problems?

e.g #top4 h4 {margin:0; font-size:26px;}

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
thanks will try that, the whole thread was to discover why the search button, the menu and the banner were ll offsetting and that was all due to top4 resizing in firefox...
Thanks
  • ogunte
  • 12 Month basic
  • 52 posts
Ah ok

Thanks for the update

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers