Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Base3 help

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am new to joomlabamboo and I have just downloaded the base3 template. I am anxious to get things going and will take things on piece at a time. First up is the big slide show banner pic. I believe the dimensions are 980x370. Where do I go to load up the images?
Templates>Theme>Logo Image

only loads one pic. How do I get the slide show going. I want my layout to look just like the one in the template, I'll make small modifications after. But first I want to get it looking like the one in the demo.

What should I do to get the main banner slide show going?
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Welcome on board :)

Are you using a quickstart version of the site?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks. My knowledge of Joomla comes from the Lynda.com Joomla 3 Essential Training. I have installed Joomla myself by downloading the latest zip, 3.4.8 and installing it myself. I built out a skeleton site of what I want with respect to Navigation and the usual CAM etc using the default protostar. I then paid for a 3 month subscription and downloaded the Base3 and all supporting packages both the optional ones and mandatory ones. I then installed all of them successfully.

This is my status. Could not find where to go to get that slide show up and running. Additionally my navigational menu is showing up both on the left hand side and to the top. I only want the one to the top.
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Going off topic slightly I would suggest installing a quickstart version to work alongside

I used a localhost quickstart and used that as a reference and a guide for the real site

docs.joomlabamboo.com/getting-started/how-to-install-a-joomla-3-quickstart-package
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Okay, got rid of the redundant mainmenu that was showing up at the side as well as the breadcrumbs by going into Module and unpublish those modules to prevent them from showing up. Still can't figure out how to get the slide show going on the landing page.
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
This installation guide for the quickstart assumes you are installing Joomla for the first time I think and so you choose sample data to get some resemblance of the template. If you have Joomla already installed on localhost is it okay to just install the zip file from the 'Extensions' interface? Or do I have to do it over and install from fresh in another folder?
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Hi

with the quickstart it requires an empty folder as it contains Joomla and it has its own sample data

I just installed a new version of Base3 to my xampp localhost

So I named the folder and then extracted the zip to the named folder

Then ran the installer making sure the Joomla Bamboo sample data was selected to install when on that part of the installation
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sounds good. Doing it now and will use it as a reference. If I run into problems, most likely I'll start a new thread. Thanks for the assistance.
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Moving to your original question

With the example on the demo

It's a zentools slideshow published to the banner position

It's set to load the content (images + title) from content e.g. articles

I would suggest using the quickstart as a reference as it may get a little confusing for you if I go through each setting

To find the module in module manager I'd use the filters on the left using position and type
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
ah we cross posted

Sure no probs

Please get back to us if stuck :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
base3.png

If looking at the quickstart and not sure which module to look for - use the id as a reference

You can filter using the ID in module manager
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
This is the Chrome web developer tools and highlights the ID and the type of zentools slideshow being used

Good luck with the project

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Okay, first problem is that on my live page I am not seeing a 'SlideShow' module of type 'Zent Tools'. Where do I get this? This module was not part of the downloads was it?
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
zentools.png

Its listed on the template download page

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I downloaded that but when I go into Modules and select 'banner' as position I only have a module called 'Zen Tools' but in the quickstart I have something called 'Slideshow'. How come? In the attached images the liveModules is my live site and quickstart is the quickstart localhost. How come I don't have the 'Slideshow' in the live version of the modules?

The 'Slideshow' module is no where to be found in the module manager.
Attachments:
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Danon Knox. Reason: last line
I have a very quick question here? When I downloaded the template was I suppose to simply go to the Extensions Manager and upload the zip file for the template and all the other packages?
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
I'm going to submit a ticket. Don't worry about it.
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers