Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Links go back to home page

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've build a website using the Base 3 template. www.caestt.com/

When trying to link text on a page to another page / article, the link only redirects to the home page

So for example, on this page www.caestt.com/index.php/about-caestt/executive I tried to link each person's name to a profile page. I created the profile page and was able to link to that page editing the page. However, when the page is published and I try to click on the link, it just goes back to the home page.

This happens to all links created.

How can this be addressed? I need the solution to be simple as my client will be updating the site and they don't have much technical experience.
  • Daren Dhoray
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

The article/page in question needs a menu link on the system

So the answer is to either create individual menu links on a hidden menu or is this case create category links sounds a better option

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Sorry realised I'd not realised I forgot to attach the link to include a more comprehensive answer

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers