Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Links in SlideShow

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm using the Base 3 template and currently trying to configure the slideshow to add new articles and slides. The default slides that came with the install package a link to the respective content pages. However, if I create a new category and article and use this as one of the content items for the slideshow, I am able to see the image in the slideshow but the slideshow does not link to the associated content type. Instead it goes back to the home page.

I've only been able to get this to work by assigning the articles under the same categories that came with the default install. Any articles created under a new category and assigned to the slideshow don't link.

The website is at caestt.com.cp-34.webhostbox.net/index.php
If you click on the slide 'About CAESTT' that works as it takes you to the correct article ONLY because I placed it under the 'services' category that came with the default install.
If you click on the slide 'Call For Papers' you'll notice the issue I've explained.
The last image, in black and white is one from the default install.

Any assistance here is appreciated.
  • Daren Dhoray
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
OK so this may not be a slideshow issue but I created a module seen on the right of this page caestt.com.cp-34.webhostbox.net/index.php/about-caestt and when you click on the link, it goes back to the home page and not the article.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Daren Dhoray
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi

You need to create a hidden menu with either links to the individual pages or the category themselves

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
For more information check out this article

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Cheers
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks. I forgot about that from a previous site I was working on. This solved the problem.
  • Daren Dhoray
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Cool :)

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers