Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

flexslider is not a function

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello Team JB,

I am using New Lifestyle.

I have both zentools and zentools2 in use on the site. Because New Lifestyle uses zentools so heavily, I am worried about trying to change to just zentools2.

It seems I have a problem with loading jquery twice:
Occassionally, when you browse to the site, the Tabs do not display at all. I find that if I go into the Admin side and clear the cache, the site loads properly.

When the site doesn't load properly, chrome Inspect tells me '..flexslider is not a function'

I have looked it up and it seems that maybe the site is loading 2 copies of jquery, but I cannot figure out how to change this.

This is a big bug, because users are emailing me and telling me they can't 'see' and get to parts of the site - the parts behind the tabs!

As you can see from the attached images, sometimes the home page picture doesn't even display when this problem occurred.

It's a very erratic error: I was able to produce the attached error picture by simply changing my menu item for the facebook 'Target window' from Parent to New Window. I forgot to pull up inspect so I don't have the error in Inspect. Now I am struggling to reproduce the error, but rest assured: it is there!!!

Please help!!!
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers