Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

trying to improve page load time

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello Team JB,

I am using the New Lifestyle template. I have several tabbed containers on the home page. I need to improve my page load time. I see that many of the images in one of my tabs is cached in media\mod_zentools\cache\images.

I have two questions
1. I have tried to change the source of one of the images: it has the same name but is in a different image dir. When the page renders, it doesn't show the image from the new location. I can see the image in the Article when I select and change it. I clear Joomla! cached and web browser cache: doesn't help. Any ideas?

2. Can I delete everything in the mod_zentools\cache\images ? does it rebuild itself?

Thanks,

Pat
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Pat,

Do you have any server caching enabled or any site optimisation extension e.g. jch optimise?

It should repopulate with the new image when the image is changed or updated - have you tried with a different file name in the new version?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Regarding speed improvements are you running images through an optimisation service?

I use

kraken.io/
tinypng.com/

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm trying Kraken; i see size improvements, let's see what page insights reports..

But what about my other question?
Can I delete everything in the mod_zentools\cache\images ? does it rebuild itself?
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
pagespeed insights hasn't changed like I thought it should: again, I think the images are coming from the cached images in the folder mentioned above. Can I clear that folder and have mod_zentools recreate all of the cached images??
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Do you see anything in the console tab of the browser for the missing image?

Are you using any server caching e.g. like sitegrounds super cacher?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers