Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

New Life Style Quick Install Problem

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am trying to install the 'quickinstall' for new lifestyle and I am getting this error:
Warning: require_once(C:\apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\includes\defines.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\index.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2/includes/defines.php' (include_path='.;C:\apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\cake') in C:\apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\index.php on line 33

what's the problem? I have installed 2 quick installs before and did not get this problem.
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I uninstalled cake. Removed the Path: environment variable. Why is it still saying cake
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Hi

Do the other sites still work?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I recently upgraded to php7, mysql5.7 and apache2.4 all 64 bit. Will double check php.ini and other settings and then confirm what's what.
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
php7 is the problem I'm afraid

I would check any other install to see if they work

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes Joomla is not yet compatible with php 7:
issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/6434
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Okay regarding the quickstart zips, I think the "New Life Style" template has a problem. I downgraded to php5.5 and the templates, Flux and Ignite worked fine. The 'new life style' is giving me the error:
Warning: require_once(C:\apache\Apache2.4\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\includes\defines.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\apache\Apache2.4\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\index.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\apache\Apache2.4\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2/includes/defines.php' (include_path='.;C:\apache\Apache2.2\htdocs\cake') in C:\apache\Apache2.4\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\index.php on line 33

I couldn't help but notice that when I unzipped the new life the file structure in the folder was different to the rest of templates. I have attached a screenshot of Ignite and New Life Style to highlight this difference.

Last but least, I had to downgrade all the way to php5.5 as 5.6 does not work either. When I tried to install Ignite on php5.6 I got this error:
Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in C:\apache\Apache2.4\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\libraries\joomla\string\string.php on line 27

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in C:\apache\Apache2.4\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\libraries\joomla\string\string.php on line 28

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in C:\apache\Apache2.4\htdocs\caribbeanjobskills2\libraries\joomla\string\string.php on line 29

Things work fine on 5.5. So some help on the new life template please.
New Life File Structure

newLifeTemplate.png

Ignite File Structure

igniteTemplate.png
  • Danon Knox
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 197 posts
Those lines look like Joomla rather than template

For the localhost - I've found versions 5.5 be fine but have had problems with extensions and bits and pieces at above that

For the localhost I would suggest sticking at 5.5

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers