Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Frontpage Slideshow and Falang

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello everyone.

I am having a problem with the Zentools Frontpage Slideshow in New LifeStyle template when I use the multi-language component Falang.

- The website is Joomla! 3.3.6 (latest version of Joomla!).

- I have 4 articles which contain only intro images and nothing else. These are displayed through the slideshow. Their language is set to "All". They belong to category "slideshow" (whose language is also set to "All")

- I have installed Falang and it works perfectly with other modules and articles.

- I translated the Frontpage Slideshow through the Falang component.

With System Language Filter off the slideshow images show perfectly. When I turn it on the outline of the slideshow is there but it shows no picture.

slideshow-prob.jpg

This happens in both English (default language) and Greek. I used firebug to inspect the slideshow -with the Language Filter on- and I noticed that when I select the image its supposed to display, its as if it cannot find the image, which is there in the folder.

slideshow-prob1.jpg

I also tried to ignore the Farlang translation altogether and created 2 versions of the Frontpage Slideshow, each for each language. no luck.

Note #1: When I applied translation to the slideshow module I noticed that in the Falang module-translation page the Item Layout option is empty and there is no way to add anything where the original module has both image and text selected.

slideshow-prob2.jpg

Ofcourse, what confuses me is that the fact that even the English version of the slideshow does not display the images.

Note #2: Searching on the internet I found this thread. Granted its an old thread, but I it got me wondering if the Zentools slideshow is multilanguage aware.

Anyone has any idea or can help?

Apologies if what I write does not make any sense, but this problem has me up for days and I can't figure out anything.
  • John Gardounis
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I'm not sure on the falang but when this happens on a normal site it can mean there isn't a link on the Joomla system for these pages

e.g. the itemid issue

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/how-to-joomla/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you for the prompt answer Paul !!! I will take a look at the link you provided.

In the meanwhile, I think I discovered what the problem is:

Basically what I mentioned in Note #1 is correct. It can't find the images because of 2 reasons:

1- The SEF is activated and thus when it tries to find the images it goes through the path:

site-root/en/

instead of:

site-root/

2- Apparently its looking for the cached images in the path:

site-root/images

instead of what I thought was the proper path:

site-root/media/mod_zentools/cache/images

Currently I deactivated SEF and I copied the images into the site-root/images path in order for the site to look properly, still I would like SEF functionality. Any advice?
  • John Gardounis
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 3 months ago by John Gardounis.
What version numbers are you using regarding the template and zentools?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
New Lifestyle template is 2.0.4, it included Zen Tools 1.11.5
  • John Gardounis
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Sorry for the delay

I will need to check with a developer on Monday

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi,

Can you please update to the latest zentools version (1.13.7).
I think the image path issue with falang was fixed some time ago.

Regards,

Rob
  • Robert Went
  • 2210 posts
  • 196 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers