Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Layout Control & Mega Menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Good Morning,

I am somewhat of a novice at website design/building, having only created a few over the years. I only have only used Joomla, and always have Joomla Bamboo to create them.

So my issue may be easy for some, but not for me. I am using the latest "New Lifestyle", which I downloaded a few days ago.

When I go into templates to make my changes, Mega Menu is not displaying any items and the layout control does not display any items either. What am I missing?

I have updated the T3 plug in, which did not change any of my issues. I checked on the hosting co. (micfo) being used site, noticed they are only using Joomla v1.5.18, this is the only option to install via them.

Having such an outdated Joomla version, is this causing the problems in then back end of my site? I have contacted the hosting company, and have asked them to update to the latest version of Joomla. Need help with this please. Frustrated.

Thank You - April
  • April
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by manh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi April,

I'm extremely surprised regarding the Joomla Version - the latest version of Joomla is 3.3 with 3.4 coming shortly

docs.joomla.org/What_version_of_Joomla!_should_you_use%3F

Using the 1.5 version to build a site is a very bad idea.

Are you able to install Joomla 3 yourself other than via their installer?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for your reply. Firstly, I am not a fan of this hosting company, was chosen by my friend. When I installed there version of Joomla, I did not realize how outdated it was. Yes, very bad idea, to use such an old application, that much I do know. Obviously with some of the issues I have had, I am thinking they stem from that. Do you? I am going to see if I can update the version through their installer now. How do you do that?

Thanks, April
  • April
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
For me moving host would something I'd be looking at

I'd test the account by downloading and install the joomla package for J3.3+

www.joomla.org/download.html

Trying to install any Joomla template or extension on J1.5 will be a nightmare
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
So to summerise I'd download and extract the file on the server and install as per a normal quickstart installation

I'd not hopeful it will install

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Amazing as it sounds, but micfo.com cannot support Joomla3 on their server. We have received a full refund and moving to a reliable hosting company. I am hoping and assuming, with the most current Joomla version, I should have no more issues with my site or with the template from Joomla Bamboo. Thank you for your help and guidance this morning.

-April
  • April
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Hi April,

No problem :)

Very odd - even the version number of J1.5.18 is crazy as that would so easily hacked which would not be in the hosting companies interest

At least offering the latest version of 1.5 = 1.5.26 would offer some protection - still rubbish but at least a more secure version

good luck with your next host :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Paul,

An update on this issue. The hosting company moved the site over to a Linux server, and installed Joomla3 for me. The New Lifestyle Template is working great now, as well as mega menu and the layout panel. I am happy now, and moving forward with this site.

Thank You Again,
April
  • April
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
Glad you got there :)

Good luck with the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers