Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

image styling does not display

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello Team JB,
I have an article with an image in it. In Image Manager (using JCE) I go to advanced tab and put 'img-circle' in the Classes list. I see the styling when I toggle the editor, but when I go to front end the image is not styled.

Any ideas?

No up to date link to site - working on dev machine.

Thanks,
pat
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Pat,

Is this from JB Type circle class or from the template?

Its a bit tricky to answer without a link :)
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Just simply img-circle in the class list. Can I apply a jb circle class to an image?
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Not using classes from the template: JCE only offers jcepopup and jcetooltip in the Class List field. I am using the Classes field which allows for free entry of text...
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I continue to try and get this to work: I have added a style of border-radius 25px to my image in the article. Looks great on the front end when displayed in an article via the Menu. But when my zentools module pulls it into the tabs position on the front page (module style zentabs, content type of category), the rounded corners do not display.

???
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Using an editor doesn't always mean the same will be rendered on the front end of the site

Template css files, extension or component files may override the editor or the editor styles may be invalid when processed
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok... so is there any way to apply styling to an image in an article and have it show up when it is displayed in a zentools module? I'd like a little more than a border; specifically rounded corners....

Thanks, Paul!
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
round corners shouldn't be too tricky just a case of applying border radius to right selector

Its a bit hard to suggest any thing without seeing the site :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes, I do understand that. I have sucessfully applied the border radius to the article and the corners are indeed rounded when I browse to the menu item for the article. However, when I embed the article in the module the image no longer displays rounded corners. This is what I do not understand: nothing has changed, I only put the article into a module....
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I imagine the problem you are having is due to specificity or the class has changed so it doesn't apply

To work out what is happening try using the Chrome web developer tools and change the css in the browser > then copy the new styles from there to the custom.css file

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul; I did look inside Chrome inspector and got no joy.
Leaving that problem for a moment, I have table inside an article which shows up OK off the menu, but when I try to put the article inside a module, the table looses all formatting: no columns at all. In inspect I see only <p> tags where I expect <tr>, et. al.
Every table I have tried to put in: copied from Word, write pure html; no matter: no columns. The only way I get columns is if I manually use the space bar to create space between words. Archaic. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pat
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Pat,

Are you pasting directly from word?
Its not bring a truck load of xml styling in the source code?

How is the article being display in the module?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Pasting from Word was a desperate measure only.
I actually used JCE's table tool in the editor. shows up OK in the article linked to the menu item, but not in the module as described above.
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
What is the module type?

Are you able to make this site live?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It will take a little while to get it up onto my cloud server; I'll be doing a fresh update soon.
I am using a zentools module in the tabs position. The layout is Grid with content source being content: Joomla categories. There are four categories selected so far.
My article is in one of the categories. It simply needs to display a table of (race)results. the article is linked to a menu item, too, where the table displays correctly.
AS I WRITE: I went to text options and set Strip Tags to NO. Makes all the difference. Not perfect yet, but getting there. I will also try adding to Allowed Tags.
Any chance you guys will write more documentation/blogs on using these zen tools? The zen tools website does not elaborate on all of the settings and the tooltips are vague.
Anyway, looks like I have something to work with...

thanks
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks for posting your solution :)

What are you interested in reading about regarding zentools?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
How to use the text options would be a good start, and what cool stuff I could do by leveraging those options, and how to leverage the advanced settings, too.!! :)
  • Patricia Lawson
  • 12 Month basic
  • 285 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Anything specific text option wise?
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers