Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Various issues I cannot figure out

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Joomla: 3.3.3
URL: www.ffwddev.com/

Problem #1 - The fonts. I really don't like the Google Fonts. They look terrible on my screen but when I change them to something else, the line below the headers no longer lines up correctly. (See attached for uneven line and the website for what it looks like with Google Fonts.)

Problem #2 - I have looked over your instructions for the ZenTools and maybe I am just not reading over the correct ones. I can never get the slideshow to look like what you have and there is no step by step instructions explaining each page. Do you have a video or is there something else that can explain this to me. For example, I want it to look at act like the overlay frame (I think). But, my image is all the way on the left and does not extend to the edge of the page. I don't see a place to put in the text or link for each slide. And I don't see what controls the info over the image like Slideshow 1 or Readmore.

Problem #3 - I would like the contact page to look similar to the one we are currently using. Here is a link to the current website.

www.getmedbill.com/en/contact-us

I like the shading in the table, but don't see how to make that happen with T3. While on the other site, notice how the RED links are clear to read and dark. Now look at my dev site with your template and the red is thin, light and difficult to read. I know that is part of my font issue, but this also shows my problem.

Thanks,

Kim
Attachments:
  • Kim Huff
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 86 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

With Google fonts - I'm guessing you are seeing rendering issues on Chrome or Safari or both?

Chrome browser font engine rendering is a word in progress so how fonts render depends on the font chosen - not all fonts look rubbish

I don't see that problem when viewing the site

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I'm going to create two other threads for the other two questions
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
It looks like one of the links takes you back to the same post and not a new post.

I have figured out some of the zentools slideshow but I still dont think it is perfect.

ALSO, I went into Firefox to check the fonts and see if it looked any different... believe it or not.. it looks best in IE. ARGH!! (Not a big IE fan here)

Anyway, while checking the font I see that there is also an issue with the logo image. It shrinks fine in Chrome and Safari, but not in Firefox or IE.

When is there going to be a firm set of coding rules for these darn browsers?

Thanks,

Kim
  • Kim Huff
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 86 posts
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes IE11 is much improved

Resizing images isn't great even with Chrome and Safari as it slows the page load down

The only option is to edit the images to the correct size

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
If the template cannot resize images, how does it make the responsive aspect work?
  • Kim Huff
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 86 posts
Its browser standards - not all browsers work the same

Without getting to techy and adding a load of jargon the template will resize images but this bypasses the code that handles it

Its also slows the site down on browsers that do resize images

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers