Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Accordion menu for HikaShop Content Module

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
Is it possible to have for a module (HikaShop Content Module) containing Hikashop categories and subcategories an accordion type display as shown on your demo site?

I tried with different module classes and different module styles (Chrome style) but I can’t have the same display … maybe this module should be set from a menu module and not from HikaShop Content Module?

Thank you

• Lorenzo
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Yes it would need to be a menu with separators as the parents and accordion added via the advanced tab in the menu module

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
ok, thank you ;)
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
No problem
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
... I think it's not possible to display categories and sub-categories from a menu module. I turn around since this afternoon. :dry:
If I display categories from a menu module I have just the title of the menu that is displayed. I tried several Hikashop options but impossible for me to find the right combination.
The only solution that I found is to display categories via HikaShop Content Module, but in this case I can't display them in an accordion module like your demo.
I asked the question to Hikashop team, I'm waiting for an answer, they are not really reactive, maybe you can confirm?
  • Lorenzo
  • 369 posts
  • 11 Thanks
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Lorenzo.
Hi

I'm not sure exactly how hikashop handles categories but I think it should will work as long as you can create the link type you need

The accordion effect shouldn't really care about the links part from if its a separator (perhaps menu header)

With an accordion you can only have one level down - so you couldn't have a child being the parent of another child

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers